The wait is over for Kansas City-area super fans. On Monday, Nov. 15, at 11 a.m., Whataburger will open the doors to its first Kansas City-area restaurant at 1450 N.E. Douglas St. in Lee’s Summit. A second Whataburger will open on Monday, Nov. 29, at 18811 E Valley View Parkway in Independence.
“We’re excited to bring our big flavors, fresh ingredients and original recipes to Kansas City,” said Whataburger Senior Area Manager Mike Garza. “We’re looking forward to growing here and being part of the community.”
Whataburger plans to continue its corporate-owned restaurant expansion in coming months, with locations including:
- 8420 W 135th St, Overland Park, Kan. – late 2021/early 2022
- 905 Hwy 7, Blue Springs, Mo. – early 2022
- 1921 W Foxwood Dr, Raymore, Mo. – summer 2022
- 95th & Metcalf, Overland Park, Kan. – summer 2022
Whataburger franchise partner KMO Burger, which includes Super Bowl MVP Patrick Mahomes as a partner, will open its first restaurants next year at:
- 10780 Parallel Parkway, Kansas City, Kan. – early 2022
- 11300 Nall Avenue, Overland Park, Kan. – spring 2022
- 400 NW Barry Road, Kansas City, Mo. – summer 2022
- Southwest corner 159th St and Hwy 69, Overland Park, Kan. – summer 2022
- 14123 W 135th, Olathe, Kan. – late summer 2022
- 9100 Block MO-45, Parkville, Mo. – fall 2022
- Southeast corner I-435 & Bannister Rd, Kansas City, Mo. – 2023
- Highway 152 & North Booth Ave, Kansas City, Mo. – 2023
Whataburger plans to employ more than 400 Family Members (what it calls employees) by year-end. It’s looking to hire more than 1,000 talented restaurant team members in 2022 to deliver the Whataburger experience to its guests as it grows.
Whataburger Family Members are paid weekly and have access to flexible schedules (open 24/7). All employees participate in a robust training program that puts them on track for career advancement. Operating Partners earn an average of six figures or more. Both Operating Partner and Manager positions receive competitive health, dental and vision benefits, paid vacation and 401(k) benefits.